Saturday, March 1, 2008

ONE & ONLY FRUIT SALAD


So fast! So easy! So delicious! You can chuck those other fruit salad recipes. This is the only one you’ll ever want.

Mix together canned crushed pineapple and sweetened condensed milk, add some or all of the following ingredients (canned, fresh or frozen) cut to bite-size pieces. Drain most of the juice from canned fruit except the pineapple.

1 can crushed pineapple (don’t drain)
1 can sweetened condensed milk
fruit cocktail, tropical or regular
pears
peaches
mandarin oranges
strawberries
bananas
apples
any other fruit that you like
marshmallows
nuts, unsalted (pecans, walnuts, almonds)

Devouring the sweetened condensed milk with a spoon,
right from the can, makes me a happy-camper, however, I keep my dignity by adding the fruit.

Thanks to Burgundy Olivier, cookbook author and my sister-in-law, for my adaptation of her fruit salad recipe. This gal knows food. She could knock Paula Deen right outta the ring. Check out her I LOVE SPINACH COOKBOOK. It’s a fun read, even if you dislike spinach: www.ilove
spinach.com/.

Fruit photo by ultimcodex

No comments:

Post a Comment